WARNING:

The blog content here is not always family friendly. I OCCASIONALLY write/review in erotica, extreme violence, horror, foul language and otherwise questionable content. I will warn the readers when this content occurs.

THE HOLE RESULTS

|

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hey Guys!

Well, I got busy and forgot to post the results to my Battle Of The Bands Post of May 1. I'm and infrequent poster to to this bi-monthly event - can't always think of a song, or forget to post a follow-up later. I don't know anything about music other than as a listener either.

I was having a bit of fun with the song THERE'S A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. I don't know why it gets stuck in my head sometimes, and of course it has my name in it. Because I think of this as a family fun song, I made the voting a bit different this time:

3 points for consulting a child under 12
2 points for consulting your own inner child
1 point for just listening and offering a voting comment

I wasn't surprised much by the results, except in one respect. I listened to these two versions of the song so often it infiltrated my dreams. Sad, sad. Anyway, below is my tallies:

#1 Barefoot Brooks
Inner child   2
Adult – country twang of Lonzo hurt the ears  1
Adult    1
Adult     1
Inner child   2
Adult – liked the SKA style    1
Adult    1
Adult – thinking of self as a child   3
Inner child   2
Adult    1
Adult    1

My grandkids:
Miranda (age 9) didn’t like the song AT ALL. But, she was the only one who noticed the lyrics were different to both songs. Really? I had to watch both at the same time with Barefoot on mute – it has the lyrics printed on screen. Huh, she was right. Not only completely different styles, but the lyrics are different too. Her vote went to Barefoot because she didn’t like all the talking at the beginning, and during, Lonzo and Oscar’s song. However, she did like the lyrics of Lonzo’s better.

Sandy (age 6) voted for Barefoot for the pictures, the catchy tune, and because if you couldn’t hear it you could follow along with the written words. Of course, she didn’t need to hear it or see it, as she knew all the words – to the first song. She barely watched the Lonzo video, but sang her own lyrics as she bounced and danced to the music.

#2 Lonzo and Oscar

Inner child   2
Adult 1
Adult- liked SKA and Raggai; #2 gave nightmares  1
Inner child  2
Adult – really funny  1

Ok, so no need to actually tally the votes: Barefoot Brooks wins by a landslide. My personal stylistic favorite is Barefoot too; although when I listen to just the lyrics, I prefer Lonzo and Oscar's.

All right, I'm out'a here. Busy at work, obsessing over my new baby kitty at home, and working on 2 beta reads and judging contest finalists. And I hope I remember to write and post those two blogfest entries. Love to be busy; hate to miss deadlines . . .


12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Results not surprising.
Country twang hurt ears - I wonder who left that comment...?

D.G. Hudson said...

I like the kids' comments, it shows the little ones know that everything gets rated.

Music is personal, or it can be social. I knew all the songs our kids used to listen to, but they were of the Raffi and Muppet variety.

Pat Hatt said...

The results sound about right

Stephanie Faris said...

Yes, don't forget writing in all of that. Congrats on a successful contest.

Misha Gericke said...

So interesting that the lyrics differ. :-D

Al Diaz said...

You have a baby kitty? Congratulaions!
I should have checked the songs.
Dragon hugs!

Arlee Bird said...

The hillbillies really deserved more love. Folks were unnecessarily harsh on the boys. I really think they showed the greatest talent and most fun. But the other version was the one I could listen to more easily if I were happening to just sit around to listen to this song which I'm not sure why I would do that.

That was an interesting match-up to say the least.

Lee
Tossing It Out

DL Hammons said...

And I thought I was busy! :)

Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! said...

Ah yes, I note my adoring human fan, D.L is also busy. Welcome to the world of busy where this pawesome dog spends several hours commenting to my adoring fans! Arf!

Oops, hi human, Donna. Country music makes me howl. Howl with agony.

Have a peaceful weekend, human, Donna.

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh baby kitty! How cute! Very interesting observations on the music.

Crystal Collier said...

Guess you got sucked into beta reading and playing with kitties? I hope the judging went well.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Love me some SKA and reggae Donna! Great choices.