WARNING:

The blog content here is not always family friendly. I OCCASIONALLY write/review in erotica, extreme violence, horror, foul language and otherwise questionable content. I will warn the readers when this content occurs.

CLOVERTON HALLELUJAH

|

December 24, 2013

My Dad would have approved of this musical rendition of his favorite time of year. He was deeply religious, a devout southern baptist, and played both guitar and piano. I think I get my love of both instruments from his influence. And old gospel hymns have a tendency to stop me in my tracks and renew my flagging spirits.

I don't celebrate a commercial Christmas, and I'm more apt to follow an existential belief than a religious doctrine. But Cloverton's Christmas version of Hallelujah moves even my soul. The posted song below is not my favorite video for the song - I prefer the flash-mob version on Bryan Russell aka Ink (Alchemy of Writing) blog. But as the music has a tendency to overwhelm the lyrics (not that I'm complaining) I'm posting this one with the lyrics for those of us with questionable auditory perception.

If you hear just fine, then close your eyes and find that serenity spot within your unconscious mind, the place where the Christmas spirit is more than who spent the most on gift-giving this year. Or click on Bryan's link above and enjoy a contemporary moment of seasonal bliss.


 Merry Christmas to all my blogger friends. May peace, love and happiness be your daily companion in this season of joy, and in the year to come.

21 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is a really nice version, Donna.
Merry Christmas!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I loved that! He has such a rich voice.

Merry Christmas!

DEZMOND said...

Merry Christmas Eve tonight, Donna, and lovely Christmas tomorrow

Pat Hatt said...

Great version, merry christmas

Roland D. Yeomans said...

It was a lovely rendition, Donna. I do not do religion -- it has squeezed all the life out of the way of The Father.

My heart is heavy this day. No need to dampen your day. I just pray that peace, healing, and light be yours this season and all through the New Year -- and a few miracles sprinkled along the way. :-)

Yolanda Renee said...

So beautiful, Thank you!

Merry Christmas!

klahanie said...

Dear Donna,

That is indeed a very nice version. I am not religious, but I am spiritual. I don't celebrate Christmas as such, but try to embrace the ideals.

May your Christmas be one of peace, of hope.

In kindness and goodwill,

Gary :)

Denise Covey said...

Beautiful Donna. Enjoy your break. May 2014 be a wonderful year for you.

Your Partner
Denise

Anne Gallagher said...

Merry Christmas Donna. I hope you and the Bug have a wonderful day!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Donna .. I like the idea of your take on Christmas .. we just need to encompass others in our lives, care, compassion and think first ...

Have a peaceful time .. the song is gloriously sung .. all the best Hilary

Gossip_Grl said...

The video was beautiful. Stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Bryan Russell said...

It's a beautiful rendition, isn't it?

Misha Gericke said...

Beautiful.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. May 2014 bring you great joy. :-)

Lexa Cain said...

That was a treat! I'm wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2014! :-)

Medeia Sharif said...

I loved the song.

Happy New Year.

Gina Gao said...

This is a really great song!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Kiru Taye said...

Happy New Year, Donna! May 2014 bring all your heart's desires.

Donna Hole said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone :) Have a happy New Year.

......dhole

Erin Kane Spock said...

O Holy Night, when done well, has given me goosebumps in the past. I love the Christmas hymns, but my kids only know the secular stuff. My fault.
Happy 2014!

farawayeyes said...

I came to visit today, checking in to see if you posted a BOTB. When I realized you hadn't, and because I'm a little bored due to the fact that my computer is down and I I have to work with us my 'dumb phine', I scrolled down and saw this post. I was expecting a portion oh Handrl's famous piece and instead was absolutely blown away. I have never hear the 'Chtistmas' version of this song before. Years are streaming down my face and even if you never see this comment, I have to thank you.

See I din't believe in coincidence, but I do believe in God and His Son. I know I was led to this today. Events of the past week have left me completely darned and feeling very alone and afraid. Thus was a beautiful reminder that I never walk alone (excuse another musical reference).

Thank you very much!

farawayeyes said...

Just do you know-I did retread the above comment and noted the numerous typos (the phone won't let me go back and make corrections), but posted it anyway. I just couldn't pass up the feeling and the moment.