WARNING:

The blog content here is not always family friendly. I OCCASIONALLY write/review in erotica, extreme violence, horror, foul language and otherwise questionable content. I will warn the readers when this content occurs.

HEARING VOICES CHARACTER BLOGFEST (Part 3)

|

Friday, February 10, 2012

My RFW post for The Long, Cool Aphrodisiac will be up tomorrow.  I'm also participating in Justin W. Parente's 2nd HOOK, LINE AND SINKER blogfest, and DL Hammon's ORIGINS blogfest; both posts set for Monday, 2/13.  I also signed up for Hope Roberson's Is It Hot In Here blogfest on 2/14.  Need I say what I'll be doing this weekend?



Yeehaw; made it to the final day of Cassie Mae and  Angela Cothran's I'm Hearing Voices character blogfest.  I've been a bad blogger and haven't gotten around to everyone's submissions, but I figure I can make up over the weekend.  It will be cool to read all three excerpts together anyway.

Todays final posting is Emotion Flash Fiction.  " Emotion is the engine of a story. Pick an emotion and in a flash fiction piece of 250 words MAKE us feel it! We want to connect with your character. This will be a challenge in 250 words."

If you viewed my previous two posts, characters on the couch and Dialogue Introductions, you'll recognize my two MC from my women's fiction novel Not Her Mother's Fate.  I had to tweak this a lot to fit the criteria for the blogfest.  I sure most people did the same :)

* * *
As she turned on the shower, a screech of outrage startled an answering scream from Amy.

“Fuck; shut it off,” a voice yelled from behind the floral veil.

Amy slashed back the curtain, not sure who she expected to see in the bottom of her tub. “Robert?”

“Damn girl, shut it off!”

She twisted the knob quickly, then stared down at the last person she would expect to be in her bathroom at this hour of the morning. “What the hell are you doing here Robert?”

“Shit! I’ve passed out in many tubs Amy, but this is the first time I’ve ever been soaked.”

“What’s wrong with the couch? You’ve crashed on it often enough over the last three weeks to pay rent.”

“How do you know that? You’re never here.”

“I’ve seen you passed out a couple mornings when I come in. And Joy tells me every time you come over.”

“And the gifts? She gives you my gifts?”

“Yes, I got them. You really shouldn’t waste your money on me.” So far, he’d brought her flowers he picked from his mom’s garden, a key chain with Amy’s name on it, and a scarf so colorful it hurt her eyes.

“My money, I’ll spend it how I want. I keep hoping to catch you at home, maybe ask you out.”

She waited, but apparently his courage ended with his stated intentions. He looked more anxious than she felt.
* * *
Thanks for stopping by, and for offering your feedback.  Both are equally appreciated.  I can't wait to start reading the other blogfest posts and see who wins the prizes.

18 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Great scene! I laughed out loud when Amy turned the shower on, and found Robert in the bath!

I've been very interested in this story since I read your character interview - I hope you will share more over time!

Justin W. Parente said...

Thanks for sharing, Donna. I do like how Robert defends himself as one to pass out in many tubs. A nice peek into his character.

Danielle B. said...

It funny how he thinks it's cool to pass out in the tub, and how he turns it on her for turing on the water. Great peek into your world.

Madeleine Maddocks said...

My RFW post is also scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

I chuckled at the idea of Amy inadvertently drenching the bathroom squatter. Conjured up a great image, though the opening lines made me wonder where she was and what on earth was going on.

I guess the emotions I could feel from Amy was exasperation and from Robert frustration & inadequacy. Great job.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I would freak out if someone was in my tub. Great job.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm guessing she doesn't want to go out with him?

Damyanti said...

Quite a freaked-out scene :)

Great chemistry between the two!




A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Why would anyone crash in a tub? How weird. But soaking the guy is kind of steamy...he's all wet. She'll have to get him out of those wet clothes...

Oh my...my brain is thinking too hard on this.

Clare said...

Oh this is excellent!

I laughed when Amy found Robert in her bath!

Robert is a curious mix of pityful and adorable. I'm warming to him a lot!

Cassie Mae said...

Loved this! I'm with Clare. Totally warming to Robert, and I think I have to read this book :)

Angela Cothran said...

I love the surprise and character dynamics :) And so funny! Great job Donna!

Emily R. King said...

What a surprise! Ha! Totally loved this.

Dianne Gardner said...

This was a funny scene, nice characters, good job!

Ashley Nixon said...

haha! I could totally picture this! I think I didn't like Robert last time, but now I do...I don't know what to think!!

Theresa Milstein said...

I enjoyed this entry. Good job with minimal words besides dialogue.

Sarah Pearson said...

Well, they do say attack is the best form of defence :-)

Amber said...

I think your writing is top notch. Great job.

Trisha said...

Woah, that would have freaked me out, finding a guy sleeping in my tub! But I guess she's had time to get used to the idea after the last few weeks ;)